(4 days / 3 nights)
Family weekend in Luleå
4 days / 3 nights)
Family weekend in Luleå
A winter weekend for the family gives you the opportunity to try many fun winter activities together and experience Luleå’s fantastic winter landscape. In addition to a guided snowmobile tour and a dog sledding tour with Swedish fika which is included in the package, you can also experience snowshoeing, hunting the northern lights by car or snowmobile and meet domestic moose and reindeer. The city of Luleå also offers good shopping and several cozy restaurants. You can take a nice walk, ski, skate or kick along the ice rink that stretches from the north port to the south port. Just outside Luleå center you will find the world heritage Gammelstad church town. Here you can visit cozy shops with locally designed products, arts and crafts and experience the beautiful and unique world heritage with or without a guide. You can visit the science center Teknikens hus where you can learn about and experiment with everyday technology as well as technology from the large industries in Norrbotten. Luleå also has Sweden’s largest multi-arena Alcatraz. They offer paintball, laser game, go kart, Prison Island, Arkadhall including VR and spa and relax, among other things.
3 nights hotel accommodation, including:
- 3 nights at Amber hotel, double standard
- Personal welcome by guide.
- Transfer to hotel and to means of transport for return journey.
- Daily breakfast buffet.
- 2-hour snowmobile tour.
- 1-hour dog sledding tour.
20 December– 31 March
- Excluding transport to and from Luleå.
- Price per person based on 2 people sharing a twin room.
- If you come by train, it is a few minutes of walk to the hotel.
NOTE! All additions are made after the trip is booked.
Want to customize your holiday? You can adjust this package by choosing the following:
- Upgrade to family room.
- Choose northern lights hunting by car. Our tip is to check with us which evening has the best northern lights diagnosis. SEK 900 extra per person.
- Choose northern lights hunting with a snowmobile. Our tip is to check with us which evening has the best northern lights diagnosis. SEK 1995 extra per person.
- Change your 2-hour snowmobile ride to a 4-hour snowmobile ride with lunch. SEK 710 extra per person.
- Change your 1-hour dog sled ride where a guide drives you, to a 1-hour dog sled ride where you learn to drive the sled. SEK 500 extra per person.
- Meet domestic moose and reindeer. SEK 300 extra per person excluding transfer.
- You can also add other activities that you find on our website.
Upon arrival in Luleå, you will be welcomed by one of our guides, who will then drive you to your accommodation in the center of Luleå. After checking into your hotel room, the rest of the day is open for exploring the city. With the day ahead of you, you have many opportunities. You can stroll through the streets and discover the city, sit down in a cozy café and have a coffee or check out one of the many restaurants. You can also travel a bit outside the city to visit the world heritage Gammelstad church village or visit the science center Teknikens hus.
After enjoying a nice breakfast buffet, a guide will meet you in the hotel lobby at 9.30 am to drive you to Måttsund where the snowmobile tour starts at 10 am. For 2 hours you will experience Swedish Lapland's winter paradise while driving through forest and Luleå archipelago. After the tour you will be driven back to your hotel where you can take a lovely warm shower before going on your next adventure.
On today´s schedule is the dog sledding trip “Fikaturen”. Once again one of our guides will meet you in the lobby to transfer you, this will be about one hour before the activity starts. This activity starts at either 9 am or 2 pm, based on your personal choice. The strong dogs will lead you through the forest and meadows for an hour while you enjoy the beautiful scenery. The guide drives you which offers great opportunity to take pictures from the sled. When the tour is finished you will have some Swedish fika before returning to the hotel. The entire activity lasts 1,5 to 2,5 hours. The rest of the day is free to enjoy in any way you like.
After a wonderful weekend together in Luleå, it's time to travel home. If you have a couple of hours left before departure, you can have time to relax or do one last activity. But if you are going to leave early, it is time to get ready and check out from your hotel. One of our guides will transport you to your means of transportation and we wish you a safe journey home.